by Madu J. Gadzama and Sarah J. Atumga
J-K Gadzama LLP
1 Legislative framework
1.1 Which legislative provisions govern private client matters in your jurisdiction?
- The Finance Act, 2021;
- The Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020;
- The Nigeria Data Protection Regulation, 2019;
- The Investments and Securities Act, 2007;
- The National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007;
- The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation Act, 2006;
- The National Office of Technology Acquisition and Promotion Act, 2004;
- The Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission Act, 2004;
- The Foreign Exchange (Monitoring & Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2004;
- The Wills Act, 1837 – as amended by the Wills Amendment Act of 1852 (including the wills laws of various states); and
- The administration of estate laws of various states.
View complete article here: https://www.mondaq.com/nigeria/family-and-matrimonial/1122216/private-client-comparative-guide